Each week, I share articles and stories from other blogs and websites I’ve come across.
The most popular articles and commenter’s are also be mentioned. I encourage you to take a look at these articles and visit their sites.
If you have an idea for an article on CTR or would like me to cover a specific topic, please let me know by sending me your thoughts through my contact page .
- Canadian Financial DIY  tells us that in Canada, the rich pay more than their fair share of income taxes. According to an OECD report, we are right at the top of the list of countries that tax high income earners the most. We are above average but the US is at the top of the list!
- Squawk Fox  wants you to know about 5 investing fees that devour your savings. Three of the fees are mutual fund fees! Mutual funds are OK if you have small amounts to invest or want managed money. But you much better options once you have over $100,000.
- Larry MacDonald (Canadian Business) tells us about the 5 most overlooked tax tips.
- Money Sense Managing  writes about the perils and pitfalls of joint accounts. If you’ve been reading CTR for any time you’ll know joint accounts are the bane of my existence.
- Boomer & Echo  want you to know yourself before you invest. Go beyond the BS, cover your butt documents provided to you by your broker.
- Canadian Couch Potato  explains where (investment) returns come from.
- Canadian Finance Blog had a guest blogger tell us what we need to know about tax benefits. The article is a little misleading because it “tax benefits” really means “social benefits.” Nonetheless it is still worth a mention.
- Hull & Hull provide an interesting discussion on appointing a trustee during estate litigation.
Top 5 Articles From last Week
- How Shareholder Loans Affect Your Income Tax 
- Cash Out Your RRSP And Pay Down Debt? 
- Studio Tax – Electronic Tax Return at the Right Price 
- Business Telephone Services: Ring Central Canada 
- Renting Your Home Can Be Taxing 
- George V.
Have a great weekend.