With the announcement of the TFSA rule changes last week, there has been a few interesting articles published on the topic.
In my Wednesday article on the RRSP meltdown strategy, I wrote about how assets swaps were being used to shift assets to the TFSA. However, Canadian Financial DIY pointed out that the same result can still be achieved simply buying in the two accounts. I would agree with that assessment!
Here is a summary of this past week’s articles.
- Canadian Financial DIY – TFSA Ban on Asset Swaps with RRSP’s
- Canadian Financial DIY – Government Ban on RRSP – TFSA Swaps Revisited: One Red Herring and The Real Problem
- Michael James on Money – TFSA Rule Change Likely Helpful To Investors
- Michael James on Money – TFSA Abuse
- The Wealthy Boomer – The TFSA Crackdown
- Million Dollar Journey – Proposed TFSA Changes
- Canadian Capitalist – Why Ban Swap Transactions in TFSA Accounts?
Thank you for visiting Canadian Tax Resource and have a great weekend!