RRIF Re-Contribution Measures Now Law

by Tax Guy - Burlington Accountant on March 14, 2009 Print This Post Print This Post

The federal budget was officially passed into law March 13th, 2009.  The budget also included the RRIF measures announced in 2008.

Anyone who withdrew from their RRIF in 2008 can re-contribute up to 25% of their RRIF minimum withdrawal back into their RRIF by April 10th.

See the attached notice from the CRA for more information.

About The Tax Guy...

Dean Paley CGA CFP is a Burlington accountant and financial planner who services individuals and business owners locally, nationally and internationally. Dean has appeared in the National Post, Toronto Star and Metro News.

To find out more, visit Dean's website Dean Paley CGA CFP or connect via Twitter @DeanPaleyCGACFP.

Print This Post Print This Post


Lloyd Dunstall March 30, 2009 at 5:57 pm

I was able to contribute to a RRIF recontribution. I have received a confirmation for my investment. Should I receive a special T4 for this contribution to send to the CRA for my 2008 Income Tax

Tax Guy March 30, 2009 at 6:43 pm

@ Lloyd,

You should received a receipt from your financial institution. The full value of your withdrawals are reported on your return as per your T4RIF. The recontribution is reported on line 232 of your 2008 return.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post: